Thursday, August 4, 2011

Hard Times

I've been doing pretty well at keeping myself distracted over the last month or so.  Unfortunately the last couple of days have been harder to get through. Part of the reason was that yesterday would have been my mother's 64th birthday and it's been 21 years since we celebrated her last one. It's not the same gut wrenching grief as it was in the early years after she passed, but with my Dad having passed only a month ago, I just had a hard time staying happy. It was one of the days I wished time travel existed, even if I could only see things one more time.

That said, the dog had me distracted most of the time I've been home over the last few days. I swear it's her mission to drive the cats and me crazy!  She either follows me or them constantly. Her intrigue in the cats was semi cute at first. Then it was annoying because they fled under my bed to get away from her. Today has been a little better, both have dared to leave my room.  One hung out in the living room window and I saw the other eat and drink water. Both are on my bed with me now, as the dog paces around us vying for attention (I gave her a bunch of treats/rewards just a couple minutes ago, geez).

So having pets can help when dealing with the downers in life. Guess that was my lesson for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment