Wednesday, August 3, 2011

So much for City Council Rep

So, in a continuation of the neighbor situation I describesd yesterday, I also emailed Dan Clem, my city council representative, to inquire about rules, updating or changing rules, and any other information available.  The response he sent was "Amanda - unfortunately I do not know of a solution.  Sorry - Dan Clem", great.

So he had a recent political scandal, and I believe is no longer employed by the state.  Further, he has announced he will not be running for his council position again. I  wonder if he doesn't care to help because he won't be running again, because he could care less about constituents, or just because he really has no clue that city code, which controls the problem I'm having, is under his purview.  It sucks when the representatives fail to represent.  Now let me be clear, it's not like I expected the guy to solve my problem overnight, or even solve it per se.  It's more like I expected to be treated the wat I've seen others treated by other city council reps and have at least a meeting to feel out the issue and see if he really could or could not help.

Guess I'll do what one of my attorney friends suggested.  I will draft a revised version of the code that applies, and see if I can get it onto the coucncil agenda.  It's not like I can't stand my neighbor, I just want to use my garage.  I totally can see having access temporarily blcked (say 30 days max).  But to be allowed to continually deprive someone access to their own property because it is reached via communal property (the one lane shared driveway) is ridiculous. 

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.  I'll keep you informed!

No comments:

Post a Comment